Monday, March 21, 2011

Final Thoughts...

How has your opinion of technology integration changed in the past 11 weeks?

I knew coming into this class that it was extremely important and essential to integrate technology into my classroom when I become a teacher. I had read plenty of articles and learned in my previous class that technology was becoming more and more important as our society became digital natives.

Although I knew the importance, and I grew up as a digital native, I learned an immense amount about technology. We went over tons of cool programs that I will absolutely remember and carry into my classroom. It was interesting to see how everyone in our class is at a different point in their lives and had a wide range of knowledge when it came to technology. Although I grew up using technology, I only explored it on my own, and never knew all the interesting facts about google or all the free programs that are out their for educators.

I assumed using technology in a classroom would be tough. I thought a teacher would have to come up with all these fancy lesson plans to be able to engage the students and succeed in bringing technology into their classroom. It was nice to learn how using technology can range from interactive white boards to just showing a few youtube videos that catch the students attention. I learned a lot during the past weeks, and I enjoyed it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment